We love it here, you will too!
The King Copper Motel is the closest lodging to Lake Superior in the Keweenaw Peninsula with the largest, most breathtaking views of the beautiful water. Each room includes queen or king beds, beverage station, Dish satellite TV, full bath and endless ice. Refrigerators and roll-away beds are available for an additional charge upon request.
All pets are welcome with additional charge and asked not to be left alone in the room. There is a sandy beach that is great for taking a dip in the lake, catching fresh lake fish or setting kayaks/canoes out to sea. There is also free boat docking right outside your room.
We are open from April-October annually and can be reached day or night. We are also located next to the Isle Royale Ferry dock and parking for your convenience.
We take our guests’ and employees’ health very seriously and wanted to let you know about some COVID-19 precautions we are implementing this summer:
- We are allowing more time between check-out and check-in to make sure each room is properly disinfected between guests. Please be patient if you plan to arrive earlier in the day.
- We will be limiting our room service for guests staying multiple days to avoid employee presence in rented rooms. Fresh linens and garbage maintenance will still be provided. If you would like further services, please let the front desk know when you arrive.
- To keep linens/bedding as clean as possible, we have installed a new building for used bedding that is completely separate from our clean supplies.
- We ask our customers and employees to wear a mask when entering the offices/public indoor spaces.
Even though we have to make some changes, one thing that never changes is the beauty of Lake Superior. We hope everyone is staying healthy and safe, and we hope to see your smiling faces soon!
Now Hiring! Available Positions:
Full/part time. No experience necessary. We’re glad to show you the system!
Full/part time. If you have good organizational and people skills, we’d love to meet with you.
Duties include: greet/register guests, process reservations.
Competitive pay rates. Gorgeous setting. Some transportation support available. Friendly working conditions. Call today at (906) 289-4214.
This extraordinary motel complex is for sale. In 1937, our ancestors started the enterprise on these premium lots of Lake Superior shoreline. It grew and flourished for three generations. We absolutely love it. You will too. Live in paradise and be your own boss. Includes:
- 3 buildings, spread over 2 blocks of land
- 240 feet of shoreline with 2 docks on the harbor and access to deep waters of the big lake240 feet on Brockway Ave, with instant access to the large township boardwalk and public dock, like an extension to the front courtyard
- 33 rooms with awesome views
- A charming house with up to 4 bedrooms.
- Room for expansion
A Phrase like “Once in a lifetime opportunity” actually applies here! Copper Harbor provides an ideal lifestyle. Has a school, post office, grocery store, gas station, community center, parks, world class trails and a golf course.
Current price set at $1,399,000. Call or text Sherry to discuss your goals and more details. 906-370-0778.